The Tekovian observatory was established on 1st january 1956 as the third observatory in Slovakia and was temporarily situated in a high school. In 1971 a sliding roof observatory for a refracting telescope Ø 150 was copnstructed in the south bastion of the castle. The Tekovian observatory had moved repeatedly untill 1998, when got its own place at the Sokolovská street in Levice.2004 saw the acquistion of an unique mobile observatory STARLAB: the only one in the Slovak republic and Central Europe.
- excursions for schools
- sky observation for public (thu-fri till 24,00)
- observation of interesting astronomic phenomena
- night sky projection
- projection of stars, constellations, greek mythology, Solar system, galaxy, meteorology...
- possibility to install at a place of your choosing (in school etc.)
- other: picture projection, observation with mobile telescope
Sokolovská 21, P.O.Box 128